The Pause ~ Promises of Someday

by Cyndi




“So, you have a Helper in the D.A.’s office?” 


Vincent looks at his brother and replies: “Catherine is …”

What is Catherine? To us … to me? She opened the world to me. She’s taught me to dare to dream; to feel.  She has brought light and love to my life.  She is all things imagined and unimagined!  She is my soul; my love; my life! 

He looks at his brother once more and continues:  “… more than a helper.”


Devin is surprised by the depth of those few words: “Things change, I guess!”

Vincent smiles to himself. Yes they do.

                              
                                                                      


Devin, looking surprised


Click HERE to return to the story list.

10 comments:

Three Writers July 23, 2010 at 2:54 AM  

I loved '...she is all things, imagined and unimagined...', Cyndi. Aren't Vincent and Catherine exactly that for us? Beautiful! Thank you for starting my day with this. Nancy

Vicky July 23, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

Wheeee! See? You could do it! And this is great, Cyndi!

Anonymous July 23, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Well Nancy stole my words! I love that image - imagined and unimagined. And of course Devin gets it right away. He's special, don't you think? ;-)

Way to go, Cyndi! Excellent!
Carole

SandyX July 23, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

Yep ... that "all things imagined and unimagined" line is perfect, Cyndi. And Devin did get it right away, didn't he? You gotta love Devin ;-) Can't wait to see what you give us next.

Cyndi D July 23, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

Thank you all for not letting me quit! I look forward with fear and excitement to our next assignment!

Krista July 23, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

Cyndi, this is just lovely. I knew Devin would be a quick study. :)

Great job!

-Krista :)

OKGoode July 25, 2010 at 5:25 AM  

So glad you left your safe place and added your voice to ours!! What can I add that hasn't already been said? Except - how come *you* got the Devin pic? ;-)

Cyndi D July 25, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

I'm special!

Brit July 28, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

She is all things imagined and unimagined!
How beautiful is that? ^_^ Wow Catherine is...truly one lucky woman! :)
Loved this Cyndi!

Michelle August 1, 2010 at 4:54 PM  

I hate to repeat everyone else, but "all things imagined and unimagined" ... sigh. That is so beautiful, Cyndi. There is no better way to describe their love. So wonderfully done. And your first? Are you sure? I don't think I believe you! ;) Keep at it - you've definitely got it within you!

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Just click inside the box to type.

About This Site

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out